About Queenstown Holiday Park & Motels Creeksyde
Queenstown Holiday Park & Motels Creeksyde was purpose built in 1987 for campervans by Tonnie and Erna Spijkerbosch. They had a vision to build a Holiday Park with facilities far above anything on offer in camp grounds at the time. Over the years the park has expanded and now offers a full range of delightful sites & a variety of accommodation options, set alongside Horne Creek in a garden setting with lots of quirky recycled art scattered around for guests to enjoy.
Creeksyde hit the headlines from opening day; at our official opening the Christchurch Wizard cast a spell and Creeksyde was on the road to success. In our first year we received a commendation for facilities at the NZ Tourism Awards. Creeksyde continues to receive recognition from bodies such as the local Chamber of Commerce and Business Development Quality Awards; usually an award entered by big business so a great achievement for us little guys!
Creeksyde has been finalist in the AA Spirit of Hospitality Awards twice and winners in 2003. A Certificate of Excellence has been received for the past 3 years from tripadvisor, one of the largest online independent review sites. Tonnie, Erna & the Creeksyde team believe in providing a great place for our guests to stay. We have high standards of customer service, comfort, cleanliness, and of course a little fun!
The World’s first environmentally certified holiday park goes platinum!
Creeksyde has been environmentally aware since inception. In 2012 we became the world's first holiday park to achieve EarthCheck's highest accolade of Platinum Certification for our 10 years' commitment to implementing world-class green initiatives.
What is EarthCheck?
EarthCheck Certified is a program delivered by EC3 Global and is considered to be the world’s most credible environmental benchmarking and certification program (social, environmental and financial) for the travel and tourism sector.
Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy
Queenstown Holiday Park & Motels Creeksyde is committed to promoting environmental awareness and continually improving our own environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy. We actively encourage all guests and suppliers to do the same.
Creeksyde has been environmentally aware since inception. We offer some 85 campervan, caravan and tent sites and 23 accommodation options, ranging from a simple bedroom to a 2 bedroom Motel Apartment. The overall park area was designed with an aim to provide as pleasant, green, and relaxing an area as possible within the inner urban confines of an alpine tourist destination.
All employees have a responsibility to ensure that the aims and objectives of this policy are met.
- To maintain a safe working environment
- To educate and instruct all employees in the environmental philosophy of the premises
- To provide all staff with a living wage and employ locally domiciled persons wherever possible
- To give preference to local suppliers and service providers under our Purchasing Policy
- To adhere to fair trade principles in purchasing decisions
- To comply with all relevant legislative requirements and aim to exceed best practice
- To adhere to all EarthCheck benchmark and certification requirements, aiming to maintain or improve status
- To regularly monitor use of energy and water and continually aim to reduce
- To monitor and reduce production of waste and divert from landfill wherever possible
- To encourage guests to think about what they buy and then to divide any waste into our recycling bins
- To support local community groups and causes that share environmental and social philosophies
- To submit to local authority regarding upgrades of local parks and town planning
- To respect our guests' national differences and promote our own ethos
- To nurture our green belt and streetscapes
- To use environmentally friendly products whenever possible
- To ensure all staff and suppliers are aware of our policies when sourcing products
- To educate guests wherever possible on the benefits and responsibilities of environmental awareness
Creeksyde plans to be involved with EarthCheck indefinitely and to use the annual process as guidance for improving results.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Guests will be required to provide valid ID, credit card Details, contact details and/or vehicle registration upon check-in.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
All cancellations and changes must be made in writing.
All bookings will be charged minimum first night, depending on season. Peak Season or special events will be charged full booking value.
Cancellations within 72 hours of arrival will receive no refund of first night.
Cancellations received between 72 hours and 14 days of arrival will receive 50% refund of first night.
Cancellations received more than 14 days of arrival will receive 75% refund of first night.
No-shows will be charged 100% of total booking.
Changes that reduce the booking will be treated as cancellations.
Damage or excessive cleaning will be charged for. Minimum $150.
A bond of up to $500 may be required at management discretion.
Refunds will only be made to the credit card of the original transaction.
Complaints Handling Policy
It is the policy of Queenstown Holiday Park & Motels Creeksyde to address all complaints, in a professional and timely manner, to ensure that a satisfactory outcome is arrived at for all parties concerned, and that any opportunities for improving Queenstown Holiday Park & Motels Creeksyde’s services are adopted where practical as per our own commitment to continual improvement.
Complaints Handling Process
Queenstown Holiday Park & Motels Creeksyde complaints handling process:
- Receipt of complaint will be acknowledged in writing
- All complaints will be reviewed to ensure that we fully understand the concerns
- We will conduct an investigation into areas of concern and keep the guest up to date with progress
- On completion of the investigation we will provide the guest with a full response in writing
If you have any questions about this complaints policy or dealings with Queenstown Holiday Park & Motels Creeksyde, please contact us.
P. +64 3 4429447-2